Adventures in a new land

Wednesday, May 02, 2007


Professors, squash-a-loupes and neighbors.......

Visiting Tucson on a business trip. Had a chance to meet with professors from the U of A's CEAC (greenhouse farms where C worked for a year before we moved to Hawai'i and where we took a greenhouse engineering course together, AND where we first met Richard and June during a Greenhouse Short course).


With Dr. G. in C's old greenhouse

While visiting CEAC I had the opportunity to assist to a lab given by Dr. Kubota where she was teaching how to graft a melon plant on to a squash root-stock, and you guessed it, grow Squash-a-loupes! (I made that last part up, you actually get only melons....)


Grafting Squash-a-loupes


For dinner I went out with our good ol' neighbors the Otleys! and while we now leave a couple of thousand miles apart, they will always be our neighbors!


Pretending to take a picture of Ruth & Sarah, in reality I was taking a picture of our ol back yard to see what they have done with it. People have not moved in yet, they are still working on the house. Some nice changes they have made. Grass all dead, swing set gone (however the tree swing from the olive tree is still there), little weird blue wall from driveway gone.... weird checking out the old house.

More posts from the DRY Southwest coming up this week.....

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me dio muchisimo gusto y tristeza ver la casa de tucson, pues tiene para mi muchos bellos recuerdos. Pero asi es la vida, si cuando leas esto sigues en tucson saludame mucho a toda esa gente maravillosa que fui conociendo y queriendo a traves de tantos anyos.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Romos at Hilo said...

Boy the yard looks so dry without grass! I'll take our new backyard any day! I still think the Ottley's should move and be our next door neighbors here. Sarah looks so old! She was only 3 years old when we moved there.....
Send my love to all,
Charlotte

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Romos at Hilo said...

I agree, the Otley's should relocate....outdoor shower and all. Just wait until they come visit, I told Paul to bring his Bocce Balls.....

miss you all

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home