The Perfect Birthday.....
It just doesn't get much better than that.....
In the morning: hugs from C & the girls. Hana gave me a new wax bar for my board (just in time because I had ran out), Syd gave me a cool water bottle from Big Island Surf and a cool sticker (for my board also) and C gave me a cool collapsable travel bag (not for my board, for my clothes) and a CAN OF MENUDO!!!!!
I have been having a weird craving for menudo recently, so she got me a can of it.....
I got lots of emails from friends and family also (and nonna got me some pretty cool clothes). A friend from Tucson sent me a Scotland t-shirt and a hat.
So the day started off in a good way.
Monday C had asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I really couldn't think of anything, but I thought to myself: "big waves at bayfront would be cool".
C had a job at one of the schools in town yesterday so I took the girls to school. My plan was to drop them off at school and then head out to Honoli'i (the local surfing beach) for a while. After I dropped the girls off I headed down to Honoli'i only to find that Bayfront had HUGE WAVES!!!!!!
(winter's here, right Leslie?).
After a couple of hours out in the water, took Hana to the Dr for her follow up appointment and we were told that the bones are healing very well and that she will have 100% recovery both in functionality and aesthetics (right now it still looks a little crooked) within the next 6-12 months...
Took Hana back to school and came home to have lunch, guess what I had? a BIG BOWL OF MENUDO!!!! hmmm.......
Most of the day was rainy, and COLD. We went out to dinner to Seaside and I even wore pants, socks, shoes and a SWEATSHIRT (that's how cold it was). Had a delicious dinner (calamari strips and spicy tuna roll for appetizers, Hana & Syd had duck, C had a macnut crusted Mahi Mahi (really really good) and I had scallops wrapped in bacon. We brought the dessert back home and ate it while eating a movie, we all then fell asleep watching the movie....
Doesn't get any better than that!
But next year when C asks me what I want for my B-day I'm going to ask for big waves in bayfront and a million dollars, you never know......
Sorry nonna, no pictures....


5 Comments:
Happy Birthday, Rodrigo! Those big waves at Honoliāi were from me.
Leslie
Bummer! you sent me big waves to Honoli'i? I should've gone there, the ones I was talking about were in Bayfront, right in front of the singing bridge.......
Happy Birthday Rodrigo!
Sound like it was a good one. Didn't know your birthday was so soon.
On another note, I'm planning to cut some firewood. Do you want in on that? I have a couple of chainsaws.
Macario
I'm so glad to hear you have a wonderful birthday!! Thank you Leslie for the waves!! I'm sure it was the most perfect present.
The dinner sounds great, I want to have one of those.
Nonna
I'm so glad to hear you have a wonderful birthday!! Thank you Leslie for the waves!! I'm sure it was the most perfect present.
The dinner sounds great, I want to have one of those.
Nonna
Post a Comment
<< Home