Holy Banana Batman!


The girls with Chanclas and Roby at my parents house.....
Outside the church with cousins
And inside the church before the ceremony...
Chanclas and Roby making sure that Hana understands what is going on and that nothing is lost in translation.....
"Sooo.....ALL my sins will be washed out!?...."
"Wait...what do you mean 'dunk your head in there'...sure this is not waterboarding?"...
"That's it? I'm Catholic now?"
"Ooooh! I even get to light a candle! I love lighting candles! " (she does too)
-"Yes Hana, it is a Catholic tradition that when you get baptized, you have to pay your older sister a baptism fee..."
-"Oh, sure she'll make a fine Catholic..." (THANKS PADRE FEDERICO!)
Hana with Uncle Manolo and Padre Federico...
And none of this would've been possible without Nonna and Nonno....Mahalo Nui!
Hana and Nonna!
Cousins....
And after church.....POOL PARTY!!!!!!
And Cake of course!

NOTE: The comments on the pictures should not be considered as disrespectful to the Holy ceremony of baptism, nor to the Catholic Church, they simple are meant to give the post a light hearted tone. We really missed not being there with Hana today in such as special day for her. It was her who asked to be baptised Catholic and her decision only, which we respect and admire....we love you BANANA!!!


6 Comments:
Hana Banana, you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and congratulations on your very special day!
Hola, too, to Sydney and Cata! (And Nonno too, though we haven't met you yet!)
We miss you, Sydney and Hana, and look forward to seeing you and hearing all about your trip when you get home.
Leslie
Hola to you too Leslie......good to have you back in our contributors list. And by the way, yes, Charlott and I are fine too, we're just, you know, sewing some stuff and building other stuff and that kind of stuff.......
cheers
;-)
rr
it was really a pleasure for Nonno and I, we enjoyed to have the kids with us in this important moment!!
Hi Leslie, it's nice to hear you.
Say Hi to Macario and Ema Rose
Love
Nonna
Hello Rodrigo and Charlotte:
I am sorry I missed this very special occassion for Hana. I hope to see both my nieces very soon, before they are both taller than me (which is not a great accomplishment, by the way).
Congratulations on your blog. I enjoyed the comments on each and every picture.
And good job Nonna and Nonno!
Love,
Monica
Congratulations to Hana! I loved all the pictures (and to be honest, the irreverend running commentary)! 'Ohana' fun!
So what about Kilauea? seems it's a bit more active this weekend, or did they shove explosives in there for a 4th of July show?
Oy Duncan! good to see you around the blog....
Kilauea goes through its periods...kind'a neurotic sometimes. There's been some breaks in the lava tubes flowing into the ocean recently causing some quite spectacular lava explosions as it enters the water...
cheers
rr
Post a Comment
<< Home