Gila Monsters, King Snakes, Old Friends & Folk Music.....
Saturday early morning out on a hike to Ventana Canyon with canyoneer friends Jamie and Eric. Beautiful day. We saw a couple of groups from fancy Spa-Resorts on the same trail. Cracked us up, these guys probably paid a couple thousand dollars to go on that guided hike, whereas we each paid $150 for a cup of coffee and a couple dollars for some water and chocolate bars.....
On the way down we saw a big fat Gila Monster walking down the trail. I tried taking a clear shot of it but my camera had the flash on and sometimes it just doesn't shoot. So by the time I was able to take a shot the beaded lizard was already in the brush, so here it is.....
Folk Festival & HOG Rally
This weekend was Tucson's Folk festival; two days full of music in downtown Tucson. Five stages with bands from all over the place playing (free entrance), food stands, beer stands and a bunch of Jolly friends.
I decided to go Saturday early afternoon to see if I could catch up with some old Biosphere friends: Gary, Scott & Cin-D..... I was able to find them there, unfortunately I didn't make it in time to see Cin-D's band perform. Still we were able to hang out for a while, give Gary a hard time and have a few beers. Music was good, weather was perfect!
Later that afternoon met with Eric & Bill to go back downtown to see Roth D'Lux play (www.rothdlux.com) at of one of the the HOG (Harley Davidson Owners Group) stages. There we met with Jamie, Lorie and their two kids Leo and no-teeth Milo Bo-Bilo Banana Fana Fo Filo.....
The Stars of Roth D'Lux Setting up: Ginnette and Sidekick Dan the Man
Bkfast at Tohono Chul
Sunday I met my Basque Brother Antxon, his lovely wife Beatriz and our future son-in-law Misha for breakfast at the Tohono Chul Park. Great time, able to catch up with our future in-laws, plan future visits and talk about food..... Antxon not only has a similar appreciation for food as I do, but he is also one bad a.... cook! We're already planning a big meal for the next trip, txipirones, or fabada or something good!
Can anyone ask for better in-laws?
As we were walking out of the park we saw a big king snake slithering through the desert trails.
And that marked the last nice weekend in Tucson for a loooooong time. This coming weekend temperatures are expected to pass 100F........
See you all soon.....


1 Comments:
Very fortunate she looks like her momma, she would be pretty scarey if she had my goatee! And who says it's not "nice" because it's over 100°? Those who stay here year round actually prefer it to be over 100° because all the poor drivers leave, or don't you remember?
Post a Comment
<< Home