Wooooo Hooooo!!! Dee's BACK!!!!!
I guess miracles do exist. This morning Syd and I went out again to the humane society to see if Dee had shown up there, no luck. We then went out to post more flyers on the streets, stores, gas stations, and other places. The flyers were Charlotte's idea and she had gone yesterday afternoon to post some already.
When we got back there was a message on the answering machine. It was from a lady that said that this morning she had seen a black dog near her driveway, she shooed it away because she has two rotweillers and didn't have any problems. She then went out on a horseback ride and saw the posters and immediately thought that the dog she had seen looked a lot like the one on the flyers (big brownies points for Charlotte for putting Dee's picture on the flyers). When she got back home the dog she had seen was gone. We called her back right away and found out that her house was about a mile away from ours (same street) so we headed that direction looking into every house and lot we saw. Sure enough, in a house that seemed to have no tenants was Dee lying under their carport roof.
I got out of the car and start calling her but she did not respond. I then asked Syd to come down from the car and call her, and as soon as Dee saw Syd she stood up, perked her ears and walked towards us slowly.
She seemed tired, but otherwise healthy. We brought her home where Angus was happy to see her. She drank some water, ate some food, barked at her usual ghosts and laid down.
It was a very unpleasant experience especially since it all started with the "misinformation" that Dee had been seen dead by the side of the road. But, it turned out to be a story with a happy ending and we like it that way!

Thank you everyone for all your kind support and encouragement these past two days.
The Romos.....


4 Comments:
I am so HAPPY for you that your dear doggy is home again!! I gasped out loud when I brought up your blog and saw her picture.
Things happen in threes, right? But now you've had your three things (earthquake, electrical storm, missing dog) so that's over and good things are starting to happen again. Whew!
Hi guys! This is Lane. I am soooo glad that you found Dee!!! I thought it may be a story with an unhappy ending. I'm glad it wasn't.
Was the earth quake really big where you were? Did you feel it? Boy have you guys had a lot of stuff happen to you lately!
I bet Hawaii is very green after all of that rain. Is it still wet? Are you able to go to the beach yet? How is the beach? Is the water very cold? I bet there ae a lot of great sea creatures there!
I miss you! Lane
Hi Lane:
It is so good to hear from you. We have been seeing your blog and it looks like you guys are having a great time in Brisbane!
Yes, it was a very happy ending the story about Dee. We were all very very sad, but now she's back. She's still a little "out of it" but we believe that she will be fully into herseld soon.
The earthquake happened just on the other side of the island (off of Waikoloa and all the fancy resorts) so we felt it pretty strong here too. It was strong, and it was very Looooooooooooooong it seemed to go on forever and ever. It was very weird.
You know, this side of the island is always very green, for it rains a lot all year long. You remember that in Tucson we received about 12 inches of rain each year, well here we get around 200!
We have been to many beaches and the cool thing about the big island is that there are many different types of beaches. There are white sandy beaches in the kona side and black sandy beaches on this side, we also have beaches with no sand - all lava rock - with great big tide pools to go snorkeling (called kapoho pools) and we have rivers with waterfalls and thermal pools heated by lava, it is a very cool place!
The water is usually very very nice, but there are places, especially on this side of the island where cold fresh water percolates into the ocean and it feels very cold! Snorkeling is great and there are so many different fish of different colors, and eels, and sea turtles and dolphins. The first whale of the season was spotted off of Maui so that means they are coming soon and we want to see them!
Thanks for writing and keep on checking our blog, we will check yours! Say hi to everyone in your family.
The Romos
last friday Arnoldo told us about Dee's missing, we didnt know about it. Now I'm so happy to hear she is at home again.
congratulations!!
We have already the trip in january, w'll arrive on january 5th. and we are ready to have so much fun with all you guys
Love Nonna
Post a Comment
<< Home