Adventures in a new land

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dee
1993/94 - Aug 25, 2007

Today was a sad day. We had to take Dee to the vet and she was put to sleep. Her health started to deteriorate a couple of weeks ago and yesterday it appeared that she had given up. We took her to the vet and the vet basically said that her systems were shutting off.

It was hard, but we felt that it was coming. We talked to the girls in the morning and they got to say their goodbyes before I took her in. She had been with us since 1995. She was a loving dog who will be missed.

you will always be in our hearts........

4 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this sad news, I know the whole family is going to miss her so much, she was really a lovely dog, I have memories from her so sweet. I send my love to my girls and of course for Ch. and R. but now try to remember all the years she spent with you, and she was happy since she arrived to your home
Nonna

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Dee. She was adorable and adored. My condolences to Angus and all of you.
Much Love,
Kelly

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Romos at Hilo said...

Thanks- She was about 14 years old and that is a long life for a big doggie. We all miss her but we know she has peace and I can picture her sleeping up there on a puffy cloud with her new wings.
Char

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you guys, The Barnett Clan feels your loss and sends our condolences. We hope that, if you choose to, you will find a new pet as special as she was. Ya just gotta love big dogs...they're easier to hug.
Take care,
Don, Heidi & Sophia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home