Volcano Soccer Tournament, Tropical Depression Cosme & Harry Potter Night, oh my...
Soccer (or are we going to start calling it football now that Beckham is here?)
Girls have been playing good. So far we've had two games, the first one was a bit of a disaster (we got creamed, although we did score the first goal in the game) and the second one was much much better (except for the first quarter). We have a strong solid team, and they are playing very very good. Syd scored a goal today!
Harry Potter Night
Tonite's the nite! We have some friends who we are going to go with to Borders to the Harry Potter party and book release (that's if we can stay up til midnight, witch I doubt, get the pun?, he he...)
We are going to wear costumes to the party of course, so in an effort to look realistic I went out and tried to get a lightning bolt looking scar on my forehead just for the ocassion, look:
Actually, what really happened was that Cosme came to town....
Cosme
A couple of days ago Cosme was a hurricane heading this way, but, as it hit the cold Pacific ocean it lost power and now it has been downgraded to a "tropical depression" (how depressing it must be for a storm, don't you think?). What that means is a lot of rain, and BIG WAVES! Yes, bayfront my favourite spot for surfing which usually only gets good waves in the winter had GREAT waves. So I had to take the board there. Got some great rides, as a matter of fact, got the best ride I've had so far. I actually managed to turn in two different directions while riding the wave (as opposed to just riding it straight)....however, by the time I was done with my third turn I realized I had ridden the wave a bit too long and that there were some very sharp looking rocks barely under the surface. I tried to jump from the board before I hit a big rock, the board did a nose dive, fish-tailed and wacked me in the forehead with the fins.....so that's what really happened.... oh and the board got a small crack, so I am going to have to learn how to repair boards now....
Stay tuned for pictures on the Harry Potter night tomorrow!


4 Comments:
Ey Rodrigo, what's going on with you? now you are so old for that scaring sports. remeber your mother is to old for that impressions!!! he he, be careful and enjoy it!!
love, kisses and hugs to everybody
Nonna
This is for Syd:
BRAVO!!!!!!!you are my favorite soccer player in the world, I'm so proud of you!!
I MISS YOU SO MUCH
Nonna
Sydney: Congragulations!!! you are an excellent politician - gulp - because you know how to expound your point of view.
Love,
Nonno
Hey, Rodrigo, that look's just like a Harry Potter lightning scar . . . almost. I can only suggest you avoid the small hard and sharp rocks as well as the big and hard and sharp ones. There's gotta' be some soft vocanic rocks around there somewhere, right? Hope you find those kind next time! Glad you had fun AND didnt get hurt too-o bad.
Paul B.
Post a Comment
<< Home