Sydney: A very cool city
On the way home I had a seven hour layove in Sydney which turned out great because it gave me time to go and visit Sydney. Definitely the best part of the trip. Sydney is a beautiful city. Got a chance to visit the Royal Botanical Gardens, the Opera House and the Downtown area. Must come back with C and the girls!
The botanical gardens had some pretty wicked plants (giant bottle trees) . The wildlife in Australia is certainly something else. There are crazy looking birds all over the place and in the botanical gardens there were some trees covered with those giant "flying foxes" which are like furry bats.... weird!
Giant Bottle Tree at Botanical Gardens: " Brachychiton rupestris"
Night Blooming Sirius
Flying Foxes
Crazy looking birds
Didgerido doode
Didgerido Store
Down by the Opera House


4 Comments:
Didya get a didgeredoo, mate?
Might fit in well with your guitar playing. Looks like a great trip - good pics!
of course the Sydney city must be beautiful with that name, because have my Moonlight's name!"!
Everything great but the bat are horribles!!
love
Nonna
no guey! Pinches didgerido's cost a fortune! I figured I can just work it with a 2" PVC pipe, if paint it really nice no one will notice..........
I would recommend SCHEDULE 40 2" PVC Pipe, w/ avg ID of 2.047", min wall thickness 0.154 and a max working pressure of 280 psi. Nominal wt per ft is 0.720 lb. If you need the minimum bend radius too I can look it up - let me know. Max service temp is 140 F.
You will need to check the paint spec, but this will also help avoid UV degradation if using in exposed location.
Haha - can you tell I've been designing with pipes all day today! Time to go home now...
Post a Comment
<< Home