Stratford Ontario (Brrrrrr!)
The view to the other side, downriver....
Last night had dinner at a small, but very popular pub called the Boar's Head. It was wing night so they had $0.50 wings, and good beer (suggested by Kelly). Today for lunch I went to York Street's Kitchen, a small but very colorful hole in the wall with really good sandwiches (also suggested by Kelly). There I learned that a "Loony" will buy you two hours of parking....(A Loony being a one dollar (canadian of course) coin).
Kelly and Eric also happen to be the owners of the Toaster Museum Foundation (if you want to learn the details about this go to: http://www.toaster.org/whence.html), so perhaps Stratford will be the new home of the Toaster museum in the near future.....
Cute town eh?


6 Comments:
I am so honored to have my new house on your blog! I won't believe it till we are there, But I am crazy happy today that we got our passports back with immigration visas in them today! Things are stressful now with organizing the closing of the house and move in the next two weeks, but Rodrigo's visit on Saturday will be a welcome distraction!
Perhaps once we get the new house in order We could have a big Romo family visit with Catalina and Piero and the girls. Sounds like they'd like to see your friends in Oakville. & I'd love to meet Catalina and Piero.(Please forgive me if I've spelled names wrong)
Much love,
Kelly
What a cool house!! And town! It looks just beautiful, Kelly. I just love how charming it all looks and I hope you guys are really happy there.
Leslie
I like the Romo reunion idea, but let's plan it for the summer time! I'm getting ready to hit the road towards oakville and snow is coming down hard...i should've rented a sled instead of a car
rr....
PS. Kelly: you got all names right...
Congratulations Kelly and Eric on your visas! Now you can take off to the great white north, eh?
I too love the idea of coming to visit, winter or summer (or spring or fall).It looks really charming.
Hugs,
Char
Rodrigo is right. You should come in the summer. Stratford is even more charming after they release the swans back into the river, and the gardens and parks are really beautiful then too. Although in the winter you could cross country ski right out of our back yard. Thanks for the kind wishes Leslie.
Best Kelly
We are landed immigrants!
We went to the border today to deal with the first bit of the immigration process and it just seemed like it was too easy. Importing our vehicles is another story.
But anyhow:
Rodrigo, It was great to see you!
Thanks for bringing the beer and everything!
You looked absolutely fabulous after two weeks of traveling.
I hope you will come and visit again soon with the whole family.
Much love,
Kelly
Post a Comment
<< Home