Adventures in a new land

Saturday, December 30, 2006




Everyone is broken.....


While we were working on the livingroom floor Hana, Sydney and Jude (the boy nextdoor) were jumping away. I would look up and they were all jumping very safe and laughing. Then the inevitable sound of crying came and Hana came running inside. She had fallen on the tramp. All who know Hana know she is really quite tough and will not keep crying for no reason, she kept crying....I told Rodrigo we better take her to the doctor to be looked at. He came over and looked at her collar bone and agreed. We called her doc but she was just leaving so we headed to urgent care but they told us they don't have an x-ray tech so we should go to the ER. The hospital is literally one block away from our house and Rodrigo's instinct was to go there 1st but I thought we were supposed to go to urgent care......so we headed back. In the ER the TV had Good Fellas (?) playing and there was cussing and graphic death scenes.....I asked if we could change it and a sweet lady helped me change the channel to Arthur (much better).


I was sooooo embarrassed to tell them that she hurt herself on the trampoline she got from us 3 days before but the nurse was great telling me about the time her kids moved their trampoline near the pool but then jumped to far hitting the concrete.....Nobody was judgmental, everyone was very friendly. They sent a police officer to talk to us since it was a public accident (?), even he tried to be sweet in his big, gruff way. I was afraid he would take a look a Rodrigo's cuts and bruises and throw me in jail as an abuser. We have not even moved into the house yet and it already has a police record!


To all our lawyer friends, we know......but we are still keeping the tramp. Sydney is not jumping while Hana can't jump out of sisterhood, solidarity (and a secret $5 from me). She has been helping Hana cope with just one arm (her hurt side goes in a sling). Jude brought Hana a treat and came to see how she was doing (we think he is very sweet ). Hana is doing very well but every 10 minutes she tells me "It still hurts" she can't believe it is taking so long to heal. I tell her to remember when Harry Potter fell off his broom and had to re-grow his bones. Its like that. Yesterday she asked if she could just go sit on the tramp and I said yes. It reminded me of when Matt Finn asked if he could bring his Harley-Davidson into Biosphere 2 so he could just sit on it. Even though he promised he would take out the gas and oil, they (higher ups) said NO.


Hana did not want a picture of her in the sling so I will put this picture instead....






3 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger JKLMnoP@Xs.fam said...

Oh my gosh!!! You guys deserve a vacation!! I am so glad that she is okay! We love you guys and hope that you have a WONDERFUL New Year! Meg y Paul

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Romos at Hilo said...

We wish we could come there for a vacation! I was driving around yesterday and noting what a perfect beach day it was but I had to go tile the bathroom....
The day will come again when we can play but right now we need to make the house ready!
Rodrigo has a trip the last week of January (to Michigan-brrr) so we need to be all moved by then.
Happy New Year Mates!-
Charlotte

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Romos at Hilo said...

The advantage of living 3 hours behind tucson is that we had NO PROBLEM in making to midnight to celebrate the new year! -tucson time that is-........
as for the kind of parents that would by a trampoline for the kids.. well the fun kind!
tell Milo he can come and jump ANYTIME he wants, provided that he first signs a 25 page liabilit waver that we had some lawyers prepare for us which clears us (everyone in the Romo family, dogs included) from any legal, financial, emotional, or any other kind of responsibility from any injury, stress, strong emotion, that your kid may suffer from jumping properly or improperly in the trampolin.......

HUGS and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

RR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home