
Uh.....nope, not those Stones...
The passing stones that is, Huh? you say..... Kidney Stones... Yep, I've been told that I have stones in BOTH kidneys! oh joy.
It started earlier in the week when I had a "funky" pain/discomfort on my lower right side by the low end of my ribs, first I thought I had pulled a muscle or sumthin... but by Thursday it had gotten a bit worse and by Thursday night it definitely was not a muscle strain. Googled up organs to see what was there and looked like the right place for a kidney, googled up kindey pain (ah, the wonder of the internet) and from the symptoms it looked like a kidney infection, which a couple of weeks of antibiotics and plenty of fluid would take care of, no problem. Go to Urgent Care on Friday and it was closed (it was a state holiday, and yes, there is only one Urgent Care center in Hilo) so I went to the ER (yes, there is only one ER inHilo) dreading it because I've heard it takes you an average of 5 to 6 hours to be seen. Got there at 2PM and by 4:30 I had been given an IV, some pain killer through the IV a sonogram (I'm not pregnant) and a Cat-Scan with the results. That's when the Doc said that there are stones in the two kidneys, and as long as they stay there, there should be no problem (right). But, that it is a ticking bomb and that they can decide to go out on a ride any given time, like the one that had just left my right kidney and was making its way through. Fortunately, the stone that is out and about (never thought I would use the work fortunately and kidney stone in the same sentence) is quite small (less than 1 mm, which to me seems like a coconut) and should make its way through without any major complications, but just in case (I hate it when they say this) he was going to give me a prescription of oxycodyn, just in case.......
So, we'll see how the rest of the journey of the little rolling stone goes by, I'm starting to think of names for her (or him). So if you have any suggestions just post them on the blog....
On a Happier Note, saturday was our:
Our team name is the "Pink Panthers", the picture doesn't show it, but their jerseys are neon pink (hard to miss them).
We only had chance to practice 3 times before the game, so we were a bit rusty, however, the girls raised to the occassion and played very well (we got creamed, but they played well).
As for AYSO's policy of "even teams" well, lets just sat that some teams seem to be more even than others. It seems that the tallest girl in the Pink Panther wasn't as tall as the shortest girl in the "Lucky Clovers" team. But as I said, what we lack in physical strength we make up in spirit.
Coaching solo made me appreciate the company and help of my infamous co-coach from the last two years (yes, you were missed Nielsen).
Taking care of practice without a helping hand, the paperwork! and getting things organized before the game is twice as hard as I remember it..... So, here is a note to Nielsen: pack up and move here!
It was a hard game, thankfully the weather was nice, overcast (in Hilo?) and quite nice temperature-wise. The final score was something like 6-2, which did not reflect what actually took place in the field, for we missed at least 3 good scoring opportunities. I think I have to work a little bit more on my goalies, because from the 6 goals we received, well, lets just say that we need to work there.
Here we see Syd after a break away into the opposite team's goal area and taking a shot...it went just a bit wide from the goal post......
Gotta love the slogan on the soccer coach t-shirts they gave us:
"The Play, You Cheer, I Coach"
I did bring with me my own cheering squad formed by Hana-Banana and C. Both big help.
During the breaks in between quarters and at halftime, Hana would keep her self entertained by doing some serious research into the Hilo Real Estate Market




3 Comments:
Rodrigo- How come nobody posts comments on the blog except Leslie and Duncan- Did they forget about us? They don't love us anymore?
Charlotte
Did you get all excited when you saw another comment? (HA! It's just me again.)
I think that the problem is that our Tucson friends are just a bit out of touch with modern life, in other words, I don't think they've figured out how to post comments on a blog.......
R
Post a Comment
<< Home